The Crosstown Showdown is one of two annual fundraisers that support the Port Huron Schools Endowment Fund. The second is the K’s for Kids fun run, which is hosted the third Saturday of June. Some history on the purpose and accomplishments of the PHS Endowment Fund:
- The fund was created in October 2010. It’s first gift was donated in October 2011. A $100,000 donation was made to the fund in 2012.
- Since then, chairperson of the Advisory Board Dr. Randa Jundi-Samman and her team have fundraised to grow the fund to an eventual goal of $1 million.
- Currently, the fund is approximately $214,000.
- The principal of the fund stays in the Community Foundation’s investment account.
- Grants are given based on the interest accrued annually.
- The Advisory Board of the fund reviews grant requests, with between $10K and $15K to grant annually.
- Over the past five years, the fund has granted $81,067.64 in support of college access programs and S.T.E.A.M. classroom initiatives.
The Crosstown Showdown Attended by over 7,000 people annually, the Port Huron High vs. Port Huron Northern football game is a major event for the students and families of PHSchools, as well as the entire community. Support can be made in one of three ways:
- Purchasing tickets to the tailgate tent hosted by the PHS Endowment Fund for $50 per person or $150 per household.
- Sponsoring the event at one of the levels listed below.
- Participating as one of the honorees for this year’s event.
Are YOU a current or former Band Director or Drum Major from Port Huron Schools? OR Do You Know One?
This year, during the pregame show on Friday, October 20, 2017, we will honor current and former Port Huron Schools (middle and high) Band Directors and Drum Majors. As an honoree of the event, you will be invited to join us for a tented tailgate reception and enjoy reserved seating for the game. Individual tickets will be sold for $50 per person or $150 per household (individual honorees attend for free). Sponsorship opportunities are also available and attached. For more information, contact Port Huron Schools, Dr. Randa Jundi-Samman at email@example.com or (810) 434-6022 or Sue Schmid from the St. Clair County Community Foundation (810) 984-4761 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make checks payable to PHS Endowment Fund
Touchdown Sponsor – $6,000
- Recognition as lead sponsor on all pre-event promotional materials
- Sponsors will also be recognized during pre-event awareness activities including radio and print media.
- Recognition on the day of the event, attended by over 7,000 people:
- Printed program
- Electronic scoreboard
- 10 complimentary tickets
- Face value = $500
- Access to reserved seating
- Tented, catered tailgate during the game
Field Goal Sponsor – $3,000
Same as above, but recognized at appropriate level, and 8 complimentary tickets.
Safety Sponsor – $2,000
Same as above, but recognized at appropriate level, and 6 complimentary tickets.
Extra Point Sponsor – $1,000
Same as above, but recognized at appropriate level, and 4 complimentary tickets.
Time-Out Sponsor – $500
Same as above, but recognized at appropriate level, and 2 complimentary tickets.
Half Time Sponsor – $250
Same as above, but recognized at appropriate level, and 1 complimentary ticket.
Individual Tickets – $50 or $150 for a household